Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hodgepodge

1. March is known as the windy month. Which of the following phrases best fits your March so far...'throw caution to the wind', 'three sheets to the wind', 'run like the wind', or 'see which way the wind blows'? Pretty much “ see which way the wind blows”. March was a month spent mostly sick which is never planned. Also the dang winds added much difficulty to my breathing. My summer months are more Run like the Wind because I’m constantly on the go! 
2. Your favorite green food:Your favorite dish made with your favorite green food? My favorite green food is fried okra (its green under the batter), green beans, and lettuce- Salads with either ranch or blue cheese dressing to hide the green. I’m not a fan of vegetables. At all. 
3. Ever been locked out of your home-car-office-anywhere? Do tell! Why yes I have but not by my doing. My husband has locked our garage so when we close the door- theres this button that locks it from the inside. He’s done this 3 times and 2 times I’ve been stuck with him for hours while we break into the garage. I have banned him from EVER using that button again! 
4. Yoda, Kermit, Shrek, The Wicked Witch of the West, Oscar the Grouch, The Grinch, or Mike Wasowski (Monsters Inc.)...of the green characters listed, which one's your favorite and why? I didn’t realize how many green characters I love but most all of my friends know I’m OBSESSED with The Grinch!!! Have you seen my Grinch table every Christmas that I post? But WICKED is my most favorite musical and I love Elphaba! She’s a kick-ass green girl. And who doesn’t love sweet Kermit? 
5. "The first task of a leader is to keep hope alive."~Joe Batten Do you agree? Why or why not? I do agree! People look to their leaders as a guide and Hope feeds into Trust and Loyalty.
 6. Share a favorite song with an emotion in it's title. First song that came to mind was “ I second that emotion “ by Smokey Robinson. I have so many that have actions but not necessarily emotions like “ I alone” by Live, Learning to Walk again 0 Foo Fighters. I could spend an hour just on this topic. 
7. What's a road trip you'd like to take? Well, I’m taking one this weekend to Round Top and Warrenton , TX for the greatest antique show on earth! I’m so excited I have been wiggling in my seat all week. I am blessed to have one of my most amazing bloggers who I look up to more than anything. She’s mentored me and given such great advice when I first started my blog. I also knew one day I wanted to be a junker and its her specialty. I reached out to her and asked if I could be an intern for her during the show and learn the ups and downs , and the howzits and whozits of setting up at a junk show. By the Grace of God, she agreed and said Come on! I’m heading down this Friday and returning back home on Monday. I WILL be sharing pics and stories when I get back so stay tuned. I’ve never been to this show and its been on my list for many years now. 
8. Insert your own random thought here : I’m approaching my birthday in a few months and I don’t know whats come over me but I’ve been reflecting A LOT on my life. Life is short and we have to grab the bull by the horns yall! Do something that makes you happy every day.

11 comments:

  1. Love fried okra! I tried raising it one year but the leaves made me itch something awful. I decided to stick to simply buying it rather than trying to grow my own after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get a little carried away with the song questions too. One song leads to another, then another, and before you know it an hour has gone by : ) I love fried okra too...not an easy thing to come by in NJ, but I always order it when we go south.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not I have never had Okra! But I am going to change that this year. But for me, I haven't found a veggie I don't like... Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun link up....what is the link for the blog? So glad that you are feeling better...and by the way - what are we doing for your birthday? I am not missing this year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fried okra...I could eat my weight in that stuff! I'm fast approaching a huge milestone BD and I, too, have been reflecting on my life. That's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for visiting my blog this morning; I hope you will come back often. This is so funny. My daughter lived in Carrollton for several years before moving into Bent Tree West, in north Dallas almost a year ago. They attend Prestonwood BC and their youngest attends school there. There oldest two graduated from Hebron HS, and the middle girl goes to Prince of Peace. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. March is my birthday month! It's been too windy and cold. Also, I just had a nasty stomach flu. Let's go to April and warmer weather!

    Yes, to fried okra! Also, I once locked myself out of my rental car. While it was running. In the Disney World parking lot. Don't ask how.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your weekend road trip sounds like it will be fun! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love okra! Your road trip will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your answers, esp. your random thought about life and grabbing it by the horns! When is your birthday month? Have a great road trip. Thanks for stopping by my blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!