Thursday, March 13, 2014

My thrift shop visit

Happy late Thursday afternoon y'all!  I've been so slammed at work every day and now I finally have a conference call I can listen to and blog on phone at same time.   I love love love going to thrift stores and lucky for me there is one near my office and near my home.  
I came across some really good stuff yesterday during lunch hour and some interesting items that I'm sure someone will love and pay for but not me.  I did buy a few things and I left paying under 20$. I think I did great but you can be the judge tomorrow. I don't have pics if what I DID buy only what I didn't. 
So here we go.....
This easy bake oven even looks modern to the one I had in the 70's. 
Big huge wagon table that I'm assuming a glass top broke because there was no cover. You'd have to have thick drink ware to wedge in between the spokes. lol 
I loved this vintage 3 tier table. They were asking 75$ Which is pretty fair actually . 
Gorgeous Art Deco hutch/wardrobe 
Good ol cheesy Indian princess clock
Fun shiny dangly lamp 
I kinda liked the wine pics but frames were in bad shape. 
Van Gogh ears should brighten up any room 
Owls are so popular right now and this needlepoint owl started the rage in the 60's. 
OR you can just have the dark painted version of the owl. 
I bought a step stool, a small wooden table, some cute large picture frames and  a curtain/ table cloth. I will show you tomorrow after I take some pictures. 
I want to repaint everything! 
See ya 

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I love rummaging through and looking at everything whether I buy stuff or not! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I love looking through thrift and antique shops, especially when in Texas. I have found some cool stuff in them. I like to collect old beer coasters and it seems Texas has a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to thrift stores is always an adventure. You never know what you will find. And that lamp is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, the Wagon wheel table reminds me of the one in "When Harry Met Sally!!!!" Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!