Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hodgepodge time!

1. Since these questions are posting on the first day of April it seems only right to ask-when was the last time you did something foolish? If you can't answer that one, try this one-when was the last time someone fooled you?   My husband and I are very playful and play little jokes all the time! A prank that always stands out though is one that my Dad did when I was living with him in college. He put a fake mouse on the stairs to my room and waited up for me to get home to hear me squeal. It was night time and dark and I couldn’t tell it was fake at the time. Oh and the time he went dove hunting and asked me to walk down to the barn with him and said I could wear his coat since it was cold. He KNEW I would put hands in the pockets and it had the dead birds. Dear ol Dad loves jokes and I wont even go into how many times he’s used the fart machine.
 2. What's the last biography or non-fiction book you've read? Was it any good? The most recent non-fiction book was a decorating book. I want to read Pete Townsend’s book though that came out a year ago. Its still on hard-back and expensive. 
 3. Garlic-friend or foe? What's your favorite dish made with garlic? Oh my I love me some garlic!! I bought a jar of Garlic-Garlic and it goes on every thing except cereal. I love garlic in dips or on chicken. I use lots of fresh garlic and sauté it with fresh mushrooms and then put it on top of a burger or pork chops or anything.
 4. Several Spring flower festivals happen in the US during the month of April. Of those listed, which would you most like to see in person...The Skagit Tulip Festival in Skagit Washington, The Dogwood Arts Festival in Knoxville Tennessee, The North Carolina Azalea Festival in Wilmington North Carolina or the Daffodil Festival Weekend on Nantucket Island, Massachussets? I have a tulip tattooed on my toe. One guess to which one I want to go to. 
 5. How do you choose which blogs to read? What is something that will make you stop and read every time? Something that makes you say, 'eh, think I'll skip this one and move on to the next'? I like the catchy names or I will check out peoples blogs on the sidebars. I figure if my friend likes these I may also like them. I will skip blogs if they are only pictures of what they are wearing that day. Hey I’m a girl that likes to shop and I get it when you want to show off your cute new outfit but it loses its pizzazz when I see every single thing you own in your closet day by day. This is just my opinion folks. 
 6. April is National Mathematics Education Month so tell us, when did you last use math? Yesterday when I got out my checkbook. I hate math. I don’t hate many things but I hate math! My eye just twitched just thinking about it. 
 7. In honor of the A-Z challenge kicking off on April 1...choose one word beginning with the letter A to describe your yesterday. Just one? Hmmm, I think I have to go with appreciative. I am grateful for my job that I love. 
 8. Insert your own random thought here.   I am still recuperating from my awesome trip I took over the weekend and just got back on Monday. I have so much catching up at work from missing Friday and Monday that I haven’t had a chance to blog and tell you all about it. Soon very soon. Oh and Jax is recuperating from his surgery last week and is doing great. I missed my little guy so much while I was gone.

5 comments:

  1. I like tulips too, so colorful and pretty. There's a tulip festival in Holland, Michigan as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tulip tattoo on your toe? How cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Holli, always fun to meet a new blogging friend. Enjoyed your answers and do hope you find yourself getting caught up today. There's always a price to pay when we go away isn't there. Shucks!! Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1- Once upon a time I was much more active in the April Fool game. These days, flying under the radar seems easier than dodging self-provoked bullets all day.

    2- Currently on a book analyzing Lincoln through his speeches. A little dry, but interesting.

    3- Casual friend.

    4- Hmmm. A look at Nantucket might be nice. No limericks, please!

    5- If you follow me, I follow you. I read em all- though sometimes I end up skimming.

    6- I keep score of my production at work in order to keep the chaos from driving me mad, so that would be about 3:10 this afternoon, when I broke my all-time record and clocked into "screw around" the rest of the day.

    7- Assinine probably covers it.

    8- Hugs to Jax!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many tulip lovers in the HP this week. Perhaps because they are so short-lived whereas azaleas and daffs seem to last longer. How fortunate you are to have a job you love!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!